Welcome to The St. George Antiochian Orthodox Christian Church of Akron , Ohio . Our church was established in September of 1917 by a group of Arabic-speaking Orthodox Christians who came from modern-day Lebanon, Syria, Palestine and Jordan. Over the years the parish moved from its original home near downtown Akron, to a home on the West side of Akron, and then to a temporary home East Akron. In 1987 we moved to our present home in suburban Akron : 3204 Ridgewood Road , Akron , Ohio 44321.
His Eminance Last visit to St George Akron Oct. 2013 Celebrating
The 50th Anniversary of
The Very Rev. Fr. Louis Mahshie’s
Ordination to the Holy Orthodox Priesthood
The 50th Wedding Anniversary of
Fr. Lou and Kh. Corinne (Esber) Mahshie
And the 35th Anniversary of their service to the
Akron St. George Parish
exclusive caterers at St. George Fellowship Centre and the
New St. George Family Center, invite you to come see our new banquet hall.
Planning a special event, call 330-666-7132 and ask for Joe or Jason.